Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Tip from 2008: Honoring Heirlooms

Okay, I will admit it, I cringed when my mother told me two days after my daughter was born that she had saved my childhood wooden kitchen set and was having it shipped to our house. As you can imagine, after receiving all of the baby equipment that comes with adding a little one to your home, this was the last thing that my husband wanted to hear. But now, I really appreciate that she saved these to pass down to my daughter. My daughter is six years old and they are still a favorite of hers and her playmates. After all, they truly just don't make them like this anymore.... or do they?

The people of Natural Pod have just debuted two heirloom quality wooden play kitchens, just like the one my mother saved for my daughter. The wooden Chef's Kitchen and Hutch includes a sliding chopping board and oven rack, fun twirly knobs, and a removable sink for easy clean-up. The Chef's Portable Kitchen is better for smaller spaces, sporting the same great knobs/sink/play-top, minus the oven and cabinet, and is perfect for tight city living!

A perfect thing for your holiday list... a toy that not only your child will enjoy for years, but even your grandchildren!

Check out the beautiful kitchen sets (and other great toys, too!) at Natural Pod.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment