Friday, November 5, 2010

Tip of the Week: Beating the "Winter Blahs" with Art

As the long winter months drag on, we can all come down with a touch of the “winter blahs”. Those who suffer most greatly from this annual ailment: our children.

They get bored, so we have to get creative. My mother, aka Grandma, came up with a wonderful way last year for my daughter to beat the winter blues.

She visited several craft websites and compiled months' worth of kid-centric art projects! Two great sites I recommend are FreeKidsCrafts.com, and my personal favorite, Martha Stewart’s Kids' page.

She then printed the directions and a picture of the finished product, bought the supplies needed and placed it all together in a Ziploc bag. All of the "art kits" then went into a big bin that we pull out any time my daughter complains, “she is bored”.

No comments:

Post a Comment