Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tip of the Week: Tots on Tuesdays!

 While I always look forward to the start of the New Year, I dread the
doldrums of January and I am always fearful of the time we will have to
spend indoors. I am always on the lookout for fun things to do with my
daughter to prevent either one of us from climbing the walls, and I
remembered Tots on Tuesdays at the Shedd Aquarium. Every Tuesday, Shedd
offers a full day of activities created especially for preschoolers. "Tots
on Tuesdays" includes story times, crafts, animal touch programs, videos,
costumed characters, dancing and singing. Activities are theme-based and
they change the theme every eight weeks, providing new experiences
throughout the year. "Tots on Tuesdays" programs are designed for children
ages 3 through 5, but younger and older children enjoy them, too. This is
free with admission price. Find more information about these activities on
their website www.sheddaquarium.org.

Also, don't forget that you can use your Chicago Public Library card to
checkout Museum passes to gain free admission into area Museums including
The Shedd Aquarium! www.chipublib.org

No comments:

Post a Comment